Skip to main content

Episode 12 - The Hotel


London, U.K.

The man in the coat sits down in a chair beside the bed. There in the bed lay Alexia taking a nap, she was fast asleep. The man looks at her, brings out a balloon, blows air into it and bursts it. The sound wakes Alexia up and she sits up immediately in the bed. “I am so sorry; I had no idea that was going to happen.” The man says. “Now that you’re awake, I need to ask you a question. What do you think about me?” He pulls his chair closer to the bed.

Alexia who’s not in a good mood decides to let him have the truth. “I think you are a sick man who is very lonely and who no one likes. You do not have any friends so you kidnap people in the hope that they will be your friend” she says as she lifts her hands that are bound with a rope.

The man laughs out loud. “I have to say I did not see that coming. You are just like Jake in every way. You have his strong will and stubbornness. If all the people who know Jake are like you then I might as well find them and kidnap them all.”

“You found one and then you killed her.” Alexia countered.

“I apologized to you for that and if Sophie was alive I would have apologized to her also.” The man says with a sad comical look on his face. “Well it’s just you here, so I apologize once again for killing your new found friend Sophie. I did not mean to kill her, okay I meant to. She lied to me and she tried to run from me. She brought it upon herself. Imagine she chose Jake over me. I gave her an option and she ran to Jake. I was heartbroken so I did what was only logical to me. If I could not have her then no one else could. That’s what you call Jealousy.”

Alexia just looks at him with disgust “You really are sick.”

“I guess I am sick which would explain why I take so many drugs. I am on self medication, I practice medicine.” The man says with a laugh, clearly enjoying the conversation. “Anyways, I guess you are comfortable and you are enjoying being my guest because.”

“How am I your guest? I am bound in ropes.” Alexia interrupts.

“The ropes are for you own safety. They are to stop you from doing harm to me or to yourself. That is one of the reasons Sophie had to die. She pointed a knife at me and threatened to kill me.” The man replied.

“You are going to kill me. We both know that. Once you are done with your game, just like Sophia you will get rid of me.” Alexia says with annoyance.

The man gets up from the chair and begins to applaud. “Bravo, you already know you are going to die. This is incredible, captives always hope to escape but not you.  If I did not know any better I would have said you planned to be here in this very position. So tell me since you already know your end, what’s going to happen now?”

“Well, you are going to expect to use me as leverage to get Jake. I have to say it’s not going to work. The man I know is not the man that was outside that restaurant. He has changed and he probably doesn’t remember me.”

“You are a very beautiful woman. I am sure if he sees you he would remember.” The man says as he begins to head towards the door. “Make sure you entertain yourself and if you need me just scream.” The man says with a laugh and then becomes serious. “Behave yourself; I really hate to kill you before the time.” He blows her a kiss as he exits the room.


Becky picks up her phone and puts it on speaker. “Violet, the boys on our UK team say ‘Welcome to the UK.’ We decided to send a team ahead of you to the location you are headed to. They scouted the place and estimate that the phone is on the sixth floor at the east wing of the building. They report about forty men surrounding that area.”

“Thank you. We are headed for the building right now. Please keep me posted on any developments. We are thirty minutes out. Be there soon.” Becky replies and ends the call. She looks at Jake behind the wheel as they drive through the streets of London heading for the hotel. Kevin had left them as soon as they got off the plane, promising to meet them at the hotel. She checked her gun and made sure she had enough bullets in the chamber. She knew she was going to need it.


The man in the coat sings to himself as he stands behind one of his men working on a computer. He asks “Can you track the phone we gave Jake?”

The man on the computer says “Yes.”

“Good, that’s very good. Send the Hitman to that location. It’s time to pay Jake and his people a visit.”

*       

Jake pulls up near the hotel and kills the engine. He grabs his backpack and gets his gun with the silencer out. He exits the car and puts the gun at the back of his trousers and covers it up with his shirt. Becky gets out and begins to inspect the area around the hotel. Her phone rings, she picks up and hears “We are ready and awaiting your instruction. How do you want us to go in?”

“Stay out and guard the exits. Watch out for anyone that is armed trying to enter or exit the building.” Becky ends the call and looks at Jake as he stares at the sixth floor, “Jake, how do you want to do this?”

“Just stay behind me.” Jake says without looking at her.

“Okay.” Becky grips her gun and gets in position.

_

Alexia lays still in bed looking at the ceiling, she decides to get up and go to the bathroom. She turns towards the window and hears a faint sound of blades turning. She gets up and walks toward the windows to hear it better. She thinks she’s just hearing things but then she sees it. She sees a man wearing a jacket that is connected to a rope which is hanging from a helicopter. He is holding a machine gun with both hands. The man is a few feet from her window and their eyes meet for a brief second. He winks at her and then he points the gun towards the hotel she is in. Alexia runs and jumps behind the bed, praying as she hits the floor.

_

Kevin hangs from the helicopter outside the hotel facing the east wing of the sixth floor of the hotel. He sees about twenty men with guns in separate rooms. He sees the girl in one of the rooms by herself. He looks at that room, his eyes meet hers for a brief second, he winks and sees her run and jump behind the bed. He takes a deep breath and opens fire on the hotel.