Skip to main content

Episode 11 - Home


Somewhere in France

Becky walks into an office and gives a woman a hug. The woman who is tall and slender holds her tightly and strokes her hair. She pulls Becky back and looks lovingly into her eyes.

“How are you my daughter?” the woman asks.

“I am good mother.” Becky replies.

“How is Jake? Tell him I want to see him. We must talk about what happened in the U.K.” The woman says as she picks up her glass of wine and takes a sip. “Of all my agents he is the one I worry about the most and that is why I assigned you to him because I know you can take care of him.” she says as she holds Becky’s hand. “You can keep him in check.”

There’s a knock on the door and a lady walks in. “Ma, the secretary is here to see you.”

The woman nods her head “I will be with him.” She smiles at Becky and gives her a kiss on her forehead “We will speak later and tell my son I want to speak to him.” The woman says as she walks out of the room, she stops and looks back at Becky “Everyone knows that you three are my children and I know that Jake is the most talented, Kevin is the most creative but you Becky are my favourite. One day, this agency will be all yours and I intend on making sure you are capable of handling it.”

“Yes mother.” Becky says with a serious look in her eyes.

 “Now smile for mother.” The woman says in a playful way.

Becky responds with a smile and the woman walks out with her assistant and two bodyguards following after her. Becky walks up to the window, looks out and thinks about the day when the agency will belong to her. The lives of all the people working here and those in the field will be her responsibility. If she was half the leader mother was then she should be fine, she thought to herself. She picks up her phone and punches in a number. “Kevin, is Jake still with you?”

“Yes he is and we are in the lab.” Kevin replies.

“I am on my way there.” She hangs up and walks out of the room. She walks past the pictures of the people who govern this agency on the wall. Mother’s picture was at the top as the head of the organization. She keeps walking past the corridor into the main hall; she takes the elevator down to the second floor. She comes out of the elevator and takes her first right into a room that had ‘Lab’ written on the door. She sees Kevin and Jake in a conversation with the head of the I.T team, Simeon. “What are you guys talking about?” Becky asks as Simeon leaves them.

Kevin says “The phone Jake got from the scene had a number in it. The I.T guys ran a trace on the number and got an address off its current location, it’s a hotel in London.”

“What about the Envelope?” Becky asks.

“There was a letter inside the envelope which simply said ‘You know where to find me.’ Kevin replies.

Becky looks over to the side as Jake walks away without saying a word heading for his back pack. She turns her attention back to Kevin. “He wants you to find him then. Are you sure this is not a setup?”

“There is only one way to find out.” Kevin says as he heads towards Jake.

Becky runs after them “Wait for me. I am going with you.”

“No you are not going. We don’t know what is waiting for us when we get there. It might be a trap for all we know, Becky.” Kevin says

“I am not letting you guys go out there on your own.” Becky replies instantly.

Jake hearing what she said stops and turns around. He looks at her and is about to say something to her but something behind her grabs his attention. The whole room goes quiet. Becky turns around and sees mother in the room.

The woman gracefully walks towards them and smiles at the three of them. “You look like you are headed somewhere.”

“We got an address from the phone and it’s in London. We want to get there before the location changes.” Kevin says.

There is a brief silence in the room as everyone waits for the woman to speak. The woman looks at Jake and tries to read the situation. She finally says “Becky is going with you.”

Jake speaks up “Mother, I do not think that is a good idea.”

“She is going with you and that’s final.” The woman says in an end of discussion tone.

Jake looks at the woman “I cannot guarantee her safety.”

“I know. She is still going.” The woman says and nods her head to dismiss them.

Jake and Kevin walk away to get ready to leave. Becky remains with the woman looking at them as they go. “They are very protective of you.” The woman says to Becky.

“Not as much as they are of you.” Becky replies.

“You are right; boys are more protective of their mother than they are of their sisters. Nevertheless I am not in the field with them, you are and you’re like a younger sister to them. So it’s natural for them to want to keep you away from situations they are not sure of like this one.” The woman points out with a smile on her elderly face.

“You are right mother.” Becky says looking at the head of the agency with love.

The woman puts her hand on Becky’s face and says “Be safe my child.” With that she turns around, walks away with her assistant and two bodyguards following her. The room returns to its noisy state the moment she leaves.

Becky gathers herself and runs after Jake and Kevin wondering about what was waiting for them in the U.K. But she knew that as long as Jake and Kevin were together in an operation, their chances of success had dramatically improved.